* Start on the parking area in front of the Apartments Breza&Tisa
* Pass the village school on right and on first crossroads turn right
* 0,3 km, hold on left side and continue straight towards Ribniška koča
* 2 km, turn sharp right continue towards Ribniška koča
* 3,5 km, turn sharp right
* 4,7 km, turn left towards Mountain hut Pesnik
* 5,7 km, turn right to Pohorje transversal road (P.T.)
* 5,75 km, keep right
* 5,8 km, keep left
* 6,3 km, continue on main road
* 6,4 km, proceed on the same road
* Proceed on Pohorje transversal road (P.T.)
* 10,2 km, turn left off the Pohorje transversal road (P.T.)
* 11,1 km, turn sharp left towards hut "Ribniška koča"
* 11,4 km, proceed on the same road
* 12,15 km, proceed on the same road
* 15,4 km, turn sharp right towards main road to hut "Ribniška koča"
* 15,8 km, hold on right side
* 18,1 km, reach Ribniška koča
* make U-turn and proceed on the main road to Ribnica na Pohorju
* 21,8 km, turn sharp right to Pohorje transversal road (P.T.)
* 24,8 km, turn left immediately after outdoor museum of forestry Lepšnik
* 25,9 km, turn sharp left towards farm Gosak
* 27,9 km, you will pass the farm Gosak on your right side
* 28,0 km, turn left towards Ribnica na Pohorju
* 28,7 km, go straight and continue to Ribnica na Pohorju
* 30,4 km, turn left to village school
* Keep right to starting point Apartments Breza&Tisa.
What is the plan
Tour passes first refreshment stop after 5,5 km. Mountain hut Pesnik was built before the World War II. After 1945 its role was significant because the Hut Ribniška koča was burned down. They renamed it to Shelter house Pesnik. Today, they are known for the best mushroom soup in the area, and also enable charging of e-bike batteries.
You will reach your second refreshment point on 18 km. Ribniška koča enable charging e-bike batteries and offer some food. Is an excellent starting-hiking point to the Jezerski vrh and Ribniško lake which are one of the most beautiful natural attractions of Pohorje. You can also hike to the highest peak (Črni vrh – 1543 m) and spring (Mrzli studenec – 1490 m) of Pohorje. Top of the Pohorje is particularly known for its unique sunsets and blueberries’ sites.
Some of the points of interests are in protect area of NATURA 2000, so you have to reach them hiking. Please respect the rules that are applied in protected areas.
- Mountain hut Pesnik
- Peak Jezerski vrh
- Lake Ribniško jezero
- Black Peak (highest peak of Pohorje)
- Spring Mrzli studenec
- Hut Ribniška koča
Good to know
Tour passes two Mountain huts where you can charge your e-bike battery and have some refreshment.
PLANINSKA KOČA PESNIK
Phone: +386 40 471 317
Address: Hudi kot 28, 2364 Ribnica na Pohorju
Opening hours: 24 hour / day, from 15.04.2019 until 15.10.2019
Opening hours: 24 uhr / day; Friday, Saturday, Sunday till 15.04.2019
Phone: +386 2 876 8 246
Address: Hudi kot 24, 2364 Ribnica na Pohorju
Opening hours: 9 am – 6 pm, every day of the week: July 1 – August 31st
Opening hours: 9 am – 6 pm, Friday, Saturday and Sunday (the remaining months)
Special opening hours (April): 1st and 3rd weekend closed
Extraordinary opening hours: by appointment
What to bring
E-bike battery charger, bicycle helmet, protectors for knees and elbows, cycling clothes and shoes, sun cream, windbreaker, extra t-shirt, hat, towel
Rental and additional offer
E-bike Specialized Turbo Levo
Protectors for elbows and knees
GPS (Garmin) device
Shuttle from the airport
Fast washing and drying of cycling clothes
Rental & service is located at the Apartments Breza&Tisa.