After 7 km on 942 meters above sea level, you will reach the 16th Century St. Bolfenk church. Legend has it that St. Bolfenk threw an ax in the direction where he later built a church. Next to the church is a Linden tree, planted in 1648, after the Thirty Years War, to commemorate the Peace of Westphalia.
After 17,5 km you will pass the refreshment point: Grmovškov dom, where you can charge your e-bike batteries. Here is also a Bike park Kope, where you can challenge your adrenaline.
You will pass Mountain Hut Pesnik, built before II. World War. After 1945 had a significant role because Mountain Hut Ribniška koča burned down. They renamed it Shelter House Pesnik.
On tour, you will pass the outdoor museum of Forestry Lepšnik. The museum shows us how significant wood processing was for people who lived in Pohorje.
What is the plan
* Start in the parking area in front of the Lake Peak Apartments
* Pass the village school on right and on the first crossroads turn left
* Go straight and next to the market turn left towards Vuhred
* 2,2 km turn sharp left towards Hudi kot
* 6,3 km turn right to the St. Bolfenk church
* Make a U-turn
* Turn right to the main road
* 8,7 km sharp turn right towards Samec
* 11 km stop at monument Pahernik and pasture Samec
* continue straight on the same road
* 11,9 km take a left road
* 12,4 km take a left road
* 12,7 km turn sharp left
* 14,3 km stay on the main road towards Kope
* 15,45 km turn sharp right
* Follow the main road to Germovškov dom (Pungart-Kope)
* After stopping on “Grmovškov dom” continue left to the ski slope go right and immediately slightly turn left to the forest road (Pesnik)
* 18,9 km turn sharp left
* 19,5 km turn sharp right
* 19,8 km turn sharp left
* 20,6 km continue on the main road and follow signposts hut “Koča Pesnik”
* 25,05 km turn sharp right, towards “Ribniška koča”
* 25,3 km turn left on Pohorje transversal road (P.T.)
* 28,25 km turn left immediately after the outdoor museum of forestry Lepšnik
* 29,3 km turn sharp left towards Gosak
* 31,3 km you will pass the farm Gosak on your right side
* 31,4 km turn left towards Ribnica na Pohorju
* 32,1 km go straight and continue to Ribnica na Pohorju
* 33,9 km turn left to the village school
* Keep right to starting point Lake Peak Apartments
- St. Bolfenk church
- Monument Pahernik & pasture Samec
- Mountain hut Grmovškov dom
- Bike park Kope
- Mountain hut Pesnik
- Outdoor museum Lepšnik
Good to know
Tour passes Mountain hut where you can charge your e-bike battery and have some refreshments.
GRMOVŠKOV DOM POD VELIKO KOPO
Phone: +386 2 883 98 60, +386 31 680 547
Address: Razborca 31, 2382 Mislinja
Opening hours: 8 am – 10 pm, from 29.04.2022 until 31.10.2022
Closed until 28.04.2022
What to bring
E-bike battery charger, bicycle helmet, protectors for knees and elbows, cycling clothes and shoes, sun cream, windbreaker, extra t-shirt, towel.
Rental and additional offer
E-bike Specialized Turbo Levo
Protectors for elbows and knees
GPS (Garmin) device
Shuttle from the airport
Fast washing and drying of cycling clothes
Rental & service is located at the Lake Peak Apartments.