On 5,7 km you will pass the quarry Josipdol. Tonalite quarry was the heart of Josipdol since 1880. Before the II. world War, more than 300 men were working in five quarries. For the most part, they were manufacturing cubes for paving the roads. Only one of the quarries operates today.
On 11,4 km you will reach Lake Jelenovoka, the first natural attraction on your e-bike tour. Lake Jelenovka is one of the few glacial forms at Pohorje, and a masterpiece of a smaller creek during the last ice age. You can rest here and admire the beauty of the forests around the lake.
After a while, you will pass the outdoor museum of Forestry Lepšnik.
An exhibition of forestry tools shows us the meaning of wood processing for people who live in Pohorje.
You will reach your refreshment point after 19 km. Mountain hut Ribniška koča enables charging e-bike batteries and offer some food. It is an excellent starting-hiking point to the Jezerski Vrh and Ribniško Lake. They are one of the most beautiful natural attractions in Pohorje. You can also hike to the highest peak (Črni Vrh – 1543 m) and spring (Mrzli Studenec – 1490 m) of Pohorje. Top of the Pohorje is known for its unique sunsets and blueberry sites.
Some points of interest are in a protected area of NATURA 2000, so you have to reach them by hiking. Please respect the rules applied in protected areas.
You will pass Mountain Hut Pesnik, built before II. World War. After 1945 had a significant role because Mountain Hut Ribniška koča burned down. They renamed it Shelter House Pesnik.
What is the plan
* Start in the parking area in front of the Lake Peak Apartments
* Pass the village school on right and on the first crossroads turn left
* Right behind the church, turn right, follow the main road
* 0,7 pass the farm on your right
* 0,8 km make a sharp right turn towards farm Kogelnik
* 1,4 km pass the Kogelnik farm, continue on the main road
* 2,15 km turn left to cross the courtyard of the farm, continue on the main road
* 3,0 km hold on the right side and start to climb
* 4,6 km sharp right towards quarry Josipdol
* 5,7 km go straight and pass the quarry Josipdol on your right
* 6,75 km continue forward on the same road
* 8,75 km sharp right and continue on signposted Pohorje transversal road (P.T.)
* 11,4 km pass the lake Jelenovka on your right
* 12,7 km pass the outdoor museum of forestry Lepšnik
* 15,6 km sharp left towards hut “Ribniška koča”
* Follow the main road to hut “Ribniška koča”
* 19,35 km make a U-turn and continue straight on the main road to Ribnica na Pohorju
* 28,9 km turn left to the village school
* Keep right to starting point Lake Peak Apartments
- Quarry Josipdol
- Lake Jelenovka
- Outdoor museum Lepšnik
- Mountain hut Ribniška koča
- Mountain hut Pesnik
Good to know
Tour passes Mountain hut where you can charge your e-bike battery and have some refreshments.
Phone: +386 2 876 8 246
Address: Hudi kot 24, 2364 Ribnica na Pohorju
Friday (12 pm – 10 pm)
Saturday (9 am – 10 pm)
Sunday (9 am – 7 pm)
Extraordinary opening hours: by appointment
What to bring
E-bike battery charger, bicycle helmet, protectors for knees and elbows, cycling clothes and shoes, sun cream, windbreaker, extra t-shirt, towel.
Rental and additional offer
E-bike Specialized Turbo Levo
Protectors for elbows and knees
GPS (Garmin) device
Shuttle from the airport
Fast washing and drying of cycling clothes
Rental & service is located at the Lake Peak Apartments.