After 3 km you'll pass outdoor museum Josipdol. Museum shows glass furnace, water wooden chute, a charcoal pile, and wooden house, traditional house of Pohorje. The wooden chute was once a 13 kilometres long and has served for the transportation of wood from local forests. Josipdol is a young village from the 18th century and is known for shutting down the last Pohorje Glassworks 100 years ago.
On tour you’ll pass the outdoor museum of forestry Lepšnik. An exhibition of various forestry equipment, used in forestry work, show us how important was the wood processing for people who lived on Pohorje.
Tour passes one refreshment stop, Mountain hut Pesnik which was built before the World War II. After 1945 its role was significant because the Hut Ribniška koča was burned down. They renamed it to Shelter house Pesnik. Today, they are known for the best mushroom soup in the area, and also enable charging of e-bike batteries.
What is the plan
* Start on the parking area in front of the Apartments Breza&Tisa
* Pass the village school on right and on first crossroads turn left
* Right behind the church, turn right, follow the main road
* 0,7 km,pass the farm on your right
* 0,8 km, make a sharp right turn towards farm Kogelnik
* 1,4 km, pass the Kogelnik farm, continue on main road
* 2,15 km, turn left cross the courtyard of the farm, continue on main road
* 3,0 km, hold on right side and start to ascent
* 4,65 km, go straight
* 4,7 km, sharp left towards farm Planšak
* 7,2 km, pass the farm Planšak and keep left on the main road
* 8,3 km, sharp right
* 9,2 km, sharp right
* 9,8 km, keep right
* 12,75 km, turn right on Pohorje transversal road (P.T.)
* 17,7 km, pas the lake Jelenovka on your right side
* 19,0 km, pass the outdoor museum of forestry Lepšnik
* 21,9 km, turn right towards Ribnica na Pohorju
* Continue straight on the main road
* 27,65 km, turn left to village school
* Keep right to starting point Apartments Breza&Tisa.
- Outdoor museum Josipdol
- Outdoor museum Lepšnik
- Mountain hut Pesnik
Good to know
Tour passes Mountain hut where you can charge your e-bike battery and have some refreshment.
PLANINSKA KOČA PESNIK
Phone: +386 40 471 317
Address: Hudi kot 28, 2364 Ribnica na Pohorju
Opening hours: 24 hour / day, from 15.04.2019 until 15.10.2019
Opening hours: 24 hour / day; Friday, Saturday, Sunday till 15.04.2019
What to bring
E-bike battery charger, bicycle helmet, protectors for knees and elbows, cycling clothes and shoes, sun cream, windbreaker, extra t-shirt, towel
Rental and additional offer
E-bike Specialized Turbo Levo
Protectors for elbows and knees
GPS (Garmin) device
Shuttle from the airport
Fast washing and drying of cycling clothes
Rental & service is located at the Apartments Breza&Tisa.