* Start in the parking area in front of the Lake Peak Apartments
* Pass the village school on right and on the first crossroads turn right
* 0,3 km, hold on the left side and continue straight towards Ribniška koča
* 2 km, turn sharp right continue towards Ribniška koča
* 3,5 km, turn sharp right
* 4,7 km, turn left towards Mountain hut Pesnik
* 5,7 km, turn right to Pohorje transversal road (P.T.)
* 5,75 km, keep right
* 5,8 km, keep left
* 6,3 km, continue on the main road
* 6,4 km, proceed on the same road
* Proceed on Pohorje transversal road (P.T.)
* 10,2 km, turn left off the Pohorje transversal road (P.T.)
* 11,1 km, turn sharp left towards hut "Ribniška koča"
* 11,4 km, proceed on the same road
* 12,15 km, proceed on the same road
* 15,4 km, turn sharp right towards the main road to hut "Ribniška koča"
* 15,8 km, hold on right side
* 18,1 km, reach Ribniška koča
* make a U-turn and proceed on the main road to Ribnica na Pohorju
* 21,8 km, turn sharp right to Pohorje transversal road (P.T.)
* 24,8 km, turn left immediately after the outdoor museum of forestry Lepšnik
* 25,9 km, turn sharp left towards farm Gosak
* 27,9 km, you will pass the farm Gosak on your right side
* 28,0 km, turn left towards Ribnica na Pohorju
* 28,7 km, go straight and continue to Ribnica na Pohorju
* 30,4 km, turn left to the village school
* Keep right to starting point Lake Peak Apartments.
What is the plan
Tour passes the Mountain hut Pesnik after the 5,5 km. Pesnik was built before World War II. After 1945 its role was significant because the Hut Ribniška koča was burned down. They renamed it Shelter house Pesnik. Today is closed, due to bad conditions with mountain huts on Pohorje.
You will reach your first refreshment point on 18 km. Mountain hut Ribniška koča enables charging e-bike batteries and offer some food. Is an excellent starting-hiking point to the Jezerski vrh and Ribniško lake which are one of the most beautiful natural attractions of Pohorje. You can also hike to the highest peak of Pohorje (Črni vrh – 1543 m) and spring (Mrzli studenec – 1490 m) of Pohorje.
Top of the Pohorje is especially known for its unique sunsets and blueberries sites.
Some of the points of interest are in the protected area of NATURA 2000, so you have to reach them hiking. Please respect the rules that are applied in protected areas.
- Mountain hut Pesnik
- Peak Jezerski vrh
- Lake Ribniško jezero
- Black Peak (highest peak of Pohorje)
- Spring Mrzli studenec
- Hut Ribniška koča
Good to know
Tour passes Mountain hut where you can charge your e-bike battery and have some refreshments.
Phone: +386 2 876 8 246
Address: Hudi kot 24, 2364 Ribnica na Pohorju
Opening hours: 9 am – 6 pm, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Extraordinary opening hours: by appointment
What to bring
E-bike battery charger, bicycle helmet, protectors for knees and elbows, cycling clothes and shoes, sun cream, windbreaker, extra t-shirt, hat, towel
Rental and additional offer
E-bike Specialized Turbo Levo
Protectors for elbows and knees
GPS (Garmin) device
Shuttle from the airport
Fast washing and drying of cycling clothes
Rental & service is located at the Lake Peak Apartments.