On 5,7 km you'll pass quarry Josipdol. Tonalite quarry was the heart of Josipdol since 1880. Before the II. world war, there were more than 300 men working in five quarries. For the most part, they were manufacturing cubes for paving the roads. Only one of those quarries operates today.
On 11,4 km you'll reach Lake Jelenovoka, first natural attraction on your e-bike tour. Lake Jezerc, it is one of the few glacial forms on Pohorje, and wonderful masterpiece of a smaller creek during the last ice age. You can rest here and admire the beauty of forests around the lake.
After a while you'll pass the outdoor museum of forestry Lepšnik. An exhibition of various forestry equipment, used in forestry work, show us how important was the wood processing for people who lived on Pohorje.
You will reach your first refreshment point after 19 km. Ribniška koča enable charging e-bike batteries and offer some food. Is an excellent starting-hiking point to the Jezerski vrh and Ribniško lake which are one of the most beautiful natural attractions of Pohorje. You can also hike to the highest peak (Črni vrh – 1543 m) and spring (Mrzli studenec – 1490 m) of Pohorje. Top of the Pohorje is particularly known for its unique sunsets and blueberries’ sites.
Some of the points of interests are in protect area of NATURA 2000, so you have to reach them hiking. Please respect the rules that are applied in protected areas.
Tour passes second refreshment stop on 23,5 km. Mountain hut Pesnik was built before the World War II. After 1945 its role was significant because the Hut Ribniška koča was burned down. They renamed it to Shelter house Pesnik. Today, they are known for the best mushroom soup in the area, and also enable charging of e-bike batteries.
What is the plan
* Start on the parking area in front of the Apartments Breza&Tisa
* Pass the village school on right and on first crossroads turn left
* Right behind the church, turn right, follow the main road
* 0,7 pass the farm on your right
* 0,8 km make a sharp right turn towards farm Kogelnik
* 1,4 km pass the Kogelnik farm, continue on main road
* 2,15 km turn left cross the courtyard of the farm, continue on main road
* 3,0 km hold on right side and start to climb
* 4,6 km sharp right towards quarry Josipdol
* 5,7 km go straight and pass the quarry Josipdol on your right
* 6,75 km continue forward on the same road
* 8,75 km sharp right and continue on signposted Pohorje transversal road (P.T.)
* 11,4 km pass the lake Jelenovka on your right
* 12,7 km pass the outdoor museum of forestry Lepšnik
* 15,6 km sharp left towards hut “Ribniška koča”
* Follow the main road to hut “Ribniška koča”
* 19,35 km make a U turn and continue straight on the main road to Ribnica na Pohorju
* 28,9 km turn left to village school
* Keep right to starting point Apartments Breza&Tisa
- Quarry Josipdol
- Lake Jelenovka
- Outdoor museum Lepšnik
- Mountain hut Ribniška koča
- Mountain hut Pesnik
Good to know
Tour passes two Mountain huts where you can charge your e-bike battery and have some refreshment.
Phone: +386 2 876 8 246
Address: Hudi kot 24, 2364 Ribnica na Pohorju
Opening hours: 9 am – 6 pm, every day of the week: July 1 – August 31st
Opening hours: 9 am – 6 pm, Friday, Saturday and Sunday (the remaining months)
Special opening hours (April): 1st and 3rd weekend closed
Extraordinary opening hours: by appointment
PLANINSKA KOČA PESNIK
Phone: +386 40 471 317
Address: Hudi kot 28, 2364 Ribnica na Pohorju
Opening hours: All day, from 15.04.2019 until 15.10.2019
Opening hours: All day; Friday, Saturday, Sunday till 15.04.2019
What to bring
E-bike battery charger, bicycle helmet, protectors for knees and elbows, cycling clothes and shoes, sun cream, windbreaker, extra t-shirt, towel.
Rental and additional offer
E-bike Specialized Turbo Levo
Protectors for elbows and knees
GPS (Garmin) device
Shuttle from the airport
Fast washing and drying of cycling clothes
Rental & service is located at the Apartments Breza&Tisa.